BYU is participating in one of the major non-conference tournaments on Thanksgiving (Nov. 23-25) at Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas. The field was released Friday afternoon and BYU will open against USC. The game will take place at 5:00 a.m. EST on ESPN2 on November 23, a day before Thanksgiving.
Based on how previous years have been done, BYU will play either Tennessee or Butler in the next round. Traditionally, the first two matches are on the same side of the bracket and the last two matches are on the other side. Each team will play 3 games in the tournament.
USC was a 6 seed in last year’s NCAA Tournament. The Trojans lose top player and top scorer Isaiah Mosley to the NBA, but fire other key contributors. BYU played the Trojans in 2020 and lost 79-53.
Any BYU matchup will likely be a Quad One or Quad Two game. Matches on neutral floors must be against a team in the NET top 50 to be a quad one and in the 51-100 range to be a quad two.
It will be part of a busy Thanksgiving week for BYU athletics, with three marquee games Wednesday through Friday and football at Stanford on Saturday.
Below is what we know about the non-conference schedule. BYU still has 3 games to fill.
- vs. Idaho State, Nov. 7 (home, season opener)
- at San Diego State, Nov. 11 (road)
- against the State of Missouri, November 16 (residence)
- vs. Nicholls State, Nov. 19 (home)
- Battle 4 Atlantis — November 23-25 in the Bahamas — 3 games; BYU will open against USC
- vs UVU, Dec. 7 (Home) – Dec. 7 is according to a source
- vs. Creighton, Dec. 10 (Neutral, Las Vegas)
- against Utah, December 17 (House)
- against the State of Weber, December 22
- Utah State – Vivint Arena (Salt Lake City) or Logan