“Win a trip for 2 to the Bahamas and tickets to the Taste of Paradise festival!” DRAWS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. You don’t have to be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or living under the same roof) of [New Times/Tropic Ocean Airways/Atlantis] and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotion and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. EDT on [2/16] and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on [3/8]. You can enter this contest via the in-store, online or mail-in entry methods described below. Regardless of the entry method, you can only enter once. All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. EDT on the last day of the contest, i.e. [3/8], whether submitted online, dropped off at a participating location or sent by mail. Proof of mailed entry is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from PO Boxes. All entries become the property of the Sponsor(s) and will not be returned.
a. ONLINE REGISTRATION METHOD: As of [2/16], you may enter the Contest via the Internet by logging on to http://www.miaminewtimes.com/free/atlantis and following the entry instructions. You may be required to register or provide some or all of the following information: your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, age, email address, and metropolitan service area for which you are entering. The online entrant must be the registered subscriber of the email account through which entry is made. In the event of a dispute regarding entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account (as specified by the Internet service provider) used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed as the participant. Entries made by any person or entity other than the named entrant and/or from any other website, including (but not limited to) commercial contest entry notification and/or service sites incoming are zero.
b. MAIL-IN ENTRY METHOD: Alternatively, you can enter the contest by hand-printing the words “Win a trip for 2 to the Bahamas and tickets to the Taste of Paradise Festival!” Contest, your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and email address (if applicable) on a 3″ x 5″ card and mail it in an envelope to: “Win a Trip for 2 in the Bahamas and tickets to the Taste of Paradise festival!” Competition, c/o Marketing Department, [New Times/Tropic Ocean Airways/Atlantis]2750 NW 3rd Avenue, Suite 24 Miami, FL 33127.
3. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be 1) Prize(s) awarded. Prize consists of airfare for two only from Ft. Lauderdale, Floriday to Nassau, Bahamas, Atlantis 2-night stay at The Coral, and $500 resort credit from Atlantis for use at the Taste of Paradise Festival , courtesy of Tropic Ocean Airways, Atlantis and Miami New Times. Total approximate retail value of the prize is $6,000. The total value of all prizes to be awarded is $6,000. All federal, state and local tax obligations are the sole responsibility of the winner. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for the Prize is permitted, except by Sponsor(s) in its sole discretion. Winner may be required to complete and return an IRS Form W-9 (i.e. Request for Tax ID and Certification).
4. RANDOM DRAW: A total of 1 Prize winner(s) will be selected in a random draw from among all eligible entries, on or about [3/8] by judges selected by Sponsor(s), whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The awarding of the prize is guaranteed. Only one winner per household is allowed. The Winner will be notified by telephone, e-mail or postal service by [3/8].
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No prize substitutions will be permitted. If necessary due to prize unavailability, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor(s). Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within fifteen (15) days of issuance. Failure to return all required documents within this time may result in disqualification of winner and selection of an alternate winner. If any prize notification is returned to Sponsor(s) as undeliverable or if an entrant is deemed ineligible or refuses to accept the prize for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected. By entering this Contest and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and Entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to Sponsor(s)’ reasonable use of the Photograph, the voice, likeness and/or image of the winners and entrants, their hometown, the address, the content of the entry form and the name and age of the winners and entrants without further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this contest.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Contest and are equal regardless of method of entry.
7. CONDUCT OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, entrant acknowledges having read and agrees to abide by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the judges. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Website. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located within [Miami, FL]. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SPONSOR(S) OR THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND IF SUCH ATTEMPTS SHOULD BE MADE, SPONSOR(S) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor(s) and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for incorrect entry information. or inaccurate, theft, tampering, destruction, unauthorized access or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage-paid or any combination thereof. The Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest should it become necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor(s). In the event of early termination of the Contest, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering, winner and entrants agree to release, release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor(s) and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies , as well as their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents against any claim made by the winner, the participants or any other third party related in any way to the operation of this contest, as well as any other claim, damage or liability in injury, damage or loss (whether alleged, threatened or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any contest-related activity or participation in this contest.
10. WINNERS LIST: For an official winners list (available after 3/8 or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Win a trip for 2 to the Bahamas and tickets to the Taste of Paradise Festival!” Contest – WINNERS – or – OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o Marketing Department, [New Times/Tropic Ocean Airways/Atlantis]. All requests must be received by [3/8]. Official Rules also available at https://www.miaminewtimes.com/miami/FreeStuff.
12. SPONSOR(S): New Times
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.